Sunday, September 14, 2008
A Pre-Post Post
In the words of Wilco, I “can’t find the time to write my mind the way I want it to read.” That is, I have so many thoughts about my life here that it often feels very daunting to start a new blog entry. I also realize that most of you do not want to read eight paragraphs of text each time I post something, therefore I am attempting a new style of more frequent, yet shorter posts. Some will be whimsical little blurbs about daily life here while others will revert to my usual philosophical ramblings. And now for your viewing pleasure, I have posted a couple of photographs. September 4th marked the anniversary of Albert Schweitzer’s death. There was a parade that ended at a small service in front of his grave on the bank of the Ogooue River followed by a ceremony of singing and dancing. It was a very festive affair, and it was nice to spend an evening in commemoration of such an inspirational man.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like reading 8 paragraphs of text.
Don't censor Africa on my behalf. I don't expect life in a pediatric ward in Gabon to always be whimsical.
thanks for the posts.
:-) Alison
Post a Comment